Friday, March 22, 2019

My Accident Story



Split a Knee 

February 2019
By Dean
I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount

Have you ever fallen so hard that you feel like you have broken a part of your body? Well I have, and it wasn’t very pleasant. It was morning tea time. I went to Matthew B and I started tickling him, while I was in the middle of tickling him he ran. While he was running for his life, like it was the end of the world, I chased after him. But I couldn’t keep up because he was always turning and dodging me. As he approached Room 9 he went into the classroom, then I tried to go in… CRASH! I tripped up at the entrance, flying forward and landing extremely hard.




While I was on the ground a large group of people started to gather all staring at me like I was a spider or something that would give you nightmares. While I was on the floor crying, a duty teacher walked towards me to check if I was ok. At that moment I heard someone instructing me to get up, while calling out, “Move children, let Dean through!” I was helped to my feet, I wasn’t able to walk even with help so I had to limp.
When I got to the sick bay, they got some cold water and cleaned my knee up it was a really deep cut and quite wide. They had to use butterfly stitches to stick across my cut to hold the wound together. It was so bloody.




Making my way back to the classroom, I started to walk wonky. As soon as I got to the classroom the teacher said, “Welcome back, looks like you going to have to sit on a chair.” The cut took a long time to heal and too this day I have the scar on my knee as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment